A quick little aside from A to Z ... Last Sunday, my blog was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Miss Kate over at My Next Life. Thank you Ida Chiavaro @ Reflex Reactions, for nominating me for the award today! Since Kate nominated me first, I'll be answering her questions. I don't think I'm up for doing this twice. I'm always up for a challenge, so here's what I have to do:
1. Post the award on my blog
2. Thank the blogger who gave me the award and link back to their site
3. Post 11 random facts about myself
4. Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked
5. Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that I want to pass the award on to6. Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own
So, first things first. Thank you so much Kate for nominating my blog! This should be fun.
11 random facts about me:
- I'm a night owl. Always have been, and probably always will be. Mornings make me sick.
- I LOVE the Avatar cartoons.
- I have a great need for organization, yet I'm not very organized. Working on it!
- I have a very acute sense of smell. Nothing drives me from a room faster than a bad odor.
- I have an out-of-control chocolate habit.
- I write in the bathtub. No, not on a computer. I use the old-fashioned pen and paper method. I type everything into the computer after it's written.
- I lost all sense of taste except for bitter one time. Everything I ate tasted bitter. It lasted a week and then remedied itself. Thank God! After some online research, I think it was caused by pine nuts that had gone rancid.
- I like to swing.
- I have redhead pride.
- I own a lot of books I haven't read yet.
- I LOVE dreams, even the bad ones.
I'd be a bear. They're at the top of the food chain and only have to watch out for humans. They're also very protective of their young. I pretty much live that life already.
2.What is your favorite book of all time (or two, or three)?
This is a hard one. I'm just gonna go for it: Strangers by Dean Koontz, Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice and The Book Theif by Markus Zusak.
3.What's your biggest fear?
This is also tough for me to answer. I have many fears. My biggest is that something bad will happen to my son.
4.If you could have any talent (that you don't already have) what would it be?
I'd be super flexible. I'd be Elastic Woman.
5.If you could invite three famous people (alive or dead) to dinner, who would you choose?
John Malkovich, so I could listen to his unusual cadence all evening. Dean Koontz, to see if his real life sense of humor matches his writerly one. My deceased grandfather, because I miss him and I'd love for him and my son to meet.
6.If you had a time machine, where would you go first?
To the future, to a time when my son is old. I want to see what he'll do with his life.
7.If calories didn't count, what would you eat today?
Barnanas, all day. They're dehydrated banana chunks covered in dark chocolate, for those unfortunate enough to not know.
8.What book do you wish you'd written?
The one I did write. :)
9.What antagonist do you most relate to?
This is a really good question, but I'm drawing a huge blank. Maybe someday I'll think of an answer and do a whole blog post about it.
10. If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be?
Well, at first I was thinking I'd want to relive a day when I made a really bad decision so I could change it, but then that would alter my entire life and I might not like where I am now. So I'll stick to just a replay of a really great day. None stick out as better than others. I get pretty excited about little things, like seeing my garlic growing after a snowy winter and about smelling summer on its way, so I have a lot of good days.
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Right where I am. I live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
My 11 picks for the Award and blog challenge:
Heather Jacobs @ Heather Jacobs
Thelma @ Widowsphere
Colleen Chen @ Collen's Write Brain
Gwen Tolios @ Fulfilling Dreams
Jay Noel @ Jay Noel Writer on Fire
Donna Smith @ Mainly Write
Shell Flower @ Tangent Shell
M.J. Joachim @ M.J. Joachim's Writing Tips
Rebecca Douglass @ The Ninja Librarian
Jennifer @ A Creative Exercise
Claire Goverts @ Claire's Writing Log
My 11 questions for those who accept the challenge:
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What is/was your relationship like with your mother?
- Do you have pets?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Do you outline or are you a seat-of-your-pants writer?
- Do you write aspects of your personality into your characters?
- Last time you lost your temper, what caused it?
- What would your dream vacation be?
- Do you think you're weird? Why or why not?
- What do you think your purpose is?
- If you were going to a deserted island and could only take three things, what would they be?
I don't believe there's a time restraint on this, so if you decide to take it on, don't feel like you have to do it today.